Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 29th, 2008


First off, tomorrow is my moms birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! She's getting an awesome surprise, but since she may read this blog before then, I can't post yet what it is.

Secondly, I found these awesome mountain biking trails last time I was in Houston. Okay, well awesome by Houston standards :) It's called Jack Brooks Park and it's off exit 15 (or 17) on HW45 near the dog track. I would say that the terrain difficulty is less than that of Walnut Creek, but there are many more man made obstacles, including several see-saws, wooden bridges and winding/banked wooden paths. It's all one-way single track, making it easy to achieve speed without fearing that you're about to hit someone. Online forums say it's about 7 miles long.


Also, check out this cute picture of Dante that a friend took for me. This was taken at the lake behind my office.

No comments: