Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Herb Garden & James



Check out my new herb garden. Okay, well it's not really that new, I got it at Christmas from my parents, but look how wonderfully that it's growing! I'm growing basil, dill, thyme, chives, oregano, and mint. It's nice cooking with fresh herbs, but my basil is growing so quick, I don't know what to do with it all! I think this weekend I'm going to learn how to dry it.

Also check out this cute picture of my friends baby, James. I found this little onesie for him down at parts and labour on South Congress.


1 comment:

Heather said...

Drying basil is easy! Just clip it and stick it in a bowl or cup or something until it dries. You could clip it to a hanger if you want to speed up the process and assure it dries without molding, but inside the house you should be fine. It takes about 3-4 days for our basil to dry.

I've heard another idea is to freeze your basil into ice cubes. It keeps it closer to "fresh" flavor, which is more potent than dried. When you're ready to use it, you can just pop out an ice cube and let it melt (or microwave it or something).