Monday, April 6, 2009

A lot going on....


Okay, so most of you know this by now, but last week was rough week. My grandfather passed away last Sunday (March 29th) and I was home in PA all last week dealing with that. Fortunately I was able to get time off work to spend up there and Jeremy was even able to come up with me for a few days. I was surprised how many people turned out for his funeral, and how many people he knew. He will be missed dearly by all who knew and loved him.

On other, happier, news... Jeremy and I went to see Seinfeld last week at the Bass Concert Hall. I was still getting over being sick from the week before, but it was such a great show. In fact I was laughing so hard that my throat was killing me by the end of the set. The next day I could barely talk at all. The only thing I would recommend to anyone going to Bass Concert Hall, is get tickets on the ground level. The 1st balcony was not bad at all, but I would have preferred to see his face. Either way though, I was happy to be there.

The rest of the weekend was mainly spent relaxing around the House. I got some more work done on my front yard, (the landscaping is currently a work in progress) and I managed to get in a 37 mile bike ride on Sunday. I would have liked to go longer, but the wind was pretty strong and I was still slightly sick. Also, on Saturday, we went out to Mandola Winery for dinner with Jeremy's friends, Christina and Justin. The restaurant was pretty good, fairly fancy, and definitely expensive. Though we did have 2 bottles of wine between the four of us.

Overall the relaxing weekend helped to make up for the week before and to get me back into work mode. Also, check out my facebook profile for pictures from Christen's Bachelorette party!

No comments: