Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jeremy & I are ENGAGED!

On Saturday July 31, 2010 around 4:30pm Jeremy and I got engaged at Flat Creek Estate. It was amazing and no matter how much you think you know it's coming, that moment just takes your breath away.

So I could tell you the whole story now, but then what reason would you have for visiting our wedding page? (which isn't up yet btw) So I'm not going to tell you all the details, but just know it was perfect and amazing and wonderful. And yes, he did get down on one knee, but at that point it's all a blur. I think I remember him saying "will you marry me?" or maybe it was "will you be my wife?" I was too excited to listen.

So after the hugging and kissing and crying, we took some photos.

These three were taken and sent to our parents via email when we got back to the house. Note at this point we had not told them anything. And in the email all I said was "here are some more photos from Flat Creek."




So we sent off the photos and waited for their call... and waited... and waited. Okay this was going to take a while. So we got ready for dinner and headed to Carmelo's. I've always wanted to go there and Jeremy remembered!

On the way over I called my parents to tell my mom that I sent her a card via email and she should look at it with dad (total lie), and we texted his mom saying there were some pictures in her email to look at. At this point I was so sure that my dad would pick out the ring right away and my mom would totally miss it. Boy was I wrong.

Turns out we had to tell both our parents to "look harder" at the pictures and ask them if they "noticed anything special" about them. :)

Needless to say, they were both very excited. As are we!

No we don't have a date yet or a place, but here is a picture of the wonderfully beautiful ring that Jeremy got me. It's soooooo gorgeous and sparkly!

No comments: