Monday, May 16, 2011

1 week later... and a wedding.


First, A wedding!

This past weekend one of my good friends from college, Kristen Shehab, got married! Her wedding was like a mini college reunion. It was great seeing everyone again and catching up. The wedding was a lot of fun and we even managed to squeeze in a walk around the Yale campus during our very short 36 hour stay in Connecticut. It's a pretty nice campus. I mean, it's no Penn State, but the buildings are really old and beautiful.

Congratulations Kristen and Donny!


Next, the house update:

I received an email this morning from my head contractor letting me know that my house was the #1 priority this week and that they would be finished by Wednesday. Of course, this was before I sent them my "to do" list, so I'm going to give them until Friday. We'll see what happens.

After getting back from Connecticut this weekend, I did notice a few things had changed. All the doors in the house now close (yay), but some of them are still on the wrong hinges. This after having told them, no less than 3 times, that the closet door and the bathroom door had to be switched. I know this for a fact, since the bathroom door should have the hooks that are currently residing in the closet. Not a big deal, yes I can go buy some more hooks at home depot, but now it's just a matter of principle.

I was also given permission by my insurance to replace the refrigerator and the dishwasher. The dishwasher still smells like smoke, and the fridge seals are all jacked up from the heat of the fire. They do still seal, but they are so bent up that you have to open the left door in order to open the right. It's annoying. And, apparently, it's just as cheap to buy a new refrigerator as it is to replace the doors. Go figure.

Today is Monday 5.16.11. When I get home, I will assess their progress, and hopefully, they have more of the items in the house fixed by the time I get home.

No comments: