Thursday, October 30, 2008

Maceo Parker... and a new car.


So two fun things to post about today. First, I finally got my new car! I picked it up Monday and already put 140 miles on it. It's a black Mazda 3 hatchback and it's super fun to drive. Of course I'm trying to be gentle with it, as the break-in period is 600 miles, but it's just so hard not to hit the gas and go. It's got a bunch of fun features, including a moon roof, 6 disc MP3 player, red back lighting, plenty of storage, and an AUX jack for my ipod. I'll try to get around to posting some pictures soon, but I just haven't taken them off my camera yet.

Also, last night I went to see Maceo Parker. He's the guy that played sax with James Brown, and now has his own band. Over all it was an excellent show. They did a lot of funk, a little blues, and a little rap even! All total he played for about 3 hours, and by midnight I was so tired I didn't think I'd make it home without falling asleep. It was quite a late night for me!