Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Army 10 Miler - Part 2 - The Weekend

I had to split this post up into two parts, otherwise it would have been way too long.

While my main purpose for going to DC this past weekend was to visit Jeremy's cousins and to run the Army 10 Miler, I also wanted to take some time to visit some college friends and to see the city.

On Friday morning, Jeremy and I took a short tour of the Capitol then walked down the Mall. I love walking down the National Mall on a beautiful fall day. It was gorgeous out. Although we had walked the Mall before, it was nice to do it again, and a great way to spend the morning.

Mid-afternoon we met up with Jeremy's cousins to pick up our race packets and then head down to Granville Moore's for dinner. I LOVE this place! I discovered it while watching the Food Network two years ago, and come here each time I'm in DC. Okay, it's only been twice so far, but their mussels and fries are soooooo good. Not to mention their huge selection of Belgium beers. My favorite was the La Chouefe.


Thanks to our friends Albert and Shawna for hooking us up with a great table. It's so hard to go to a small restaurant with 8 1/2 people and try to get a table together.

Saturday was a great day. I had told a friend that I would be in town and mobile (that is, with car) and he organized a bunch of people to come watch the PSU game at a local bar. I was so surprised to see so many of my college friends there! Kenz, KB, Heslin, Cory, Janine... it was so great seeing all of you. I felt like I was back up at Penn State again.

Not only did I get to hang out with the gang above, but on Sunday, my friend Jesse, made a special trip down to Silver Spring to hang out with me at Jeremy's cousins place after the race was over. Thanks for making the drive Jesse! I can't wait to hang out with you and Erin in May.

Sunday night we had a large cookout at the house, thanks Angela and John, and then Monday morning we took a quick trip downtown to check out the view from the top of the old post office. If you haven't gone, I'd suggest taking a few minutes to stop by. The view is great and I really love the architecture of the building.

Thanks to everyone for making this a great weekend getaway. Can't wait to see you all again next year!

No comments: