Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cool People

It's the holiday season, and you know what that means. Crowded malls, lots of music, packages coming and going, and usually rude people. Okay, maybe not usually, but more often than not, the holidays (or at least the days leading up to them) seem to bring out the worst in people. Everyone is stressing.

Well I'd like to take a moment to write about 3 different people/companies that I've encountered recently that have made my day just a little better.

First, English Retreads. This company is awesome. First, they have awesome stuff. Second, the person or persons that work there are just super friendly. I recently purchased one of the seat belts only to realize that i'm not as small as I thought I was. Oh great, I was going to have to send it back, this would be a process. You know, first you send it back, wait 5 days, then they send you something back, but maybe you have to call to check up on it, ugh, a hassle, right? Wrong.

When I called to ask about the return policy, I spoke with Kate, the business manager. She was super nice and better yet, the return policy was the easiest I've ever encountered. She said not to worry about the return shipping or the shipping for the replacement item. She would send out the replacement, plus she would electronically send UPS a return shipping label. So bam, UPS shows up at my house the next day, with said return label, I hand him the old package, and away he goes. New belt is already on the way, and no delays! Awesome.

Second, my new wedding photographer, Beverly. I recently undertook the task of choosing my wedding photographer. For those of you that know me well, you know that I'm an engineer, and not just at work, in all aspects of my life. I like to gather data, ask questions, know all the little details, then make an informed decision. I'm really trying to do all this now, so when my wedding day comes I can just have a good time, or at least try not to stress. I'm working on it. Anyway, sometimes when you know people, it's hard to ask them tons of questions without feeling like a pain in the butt. But Bev has been really great about answering all my questions and still wanting me as a client. Thanks Bev!

Third, my fiance, Jeremy. Yea, he's pretty awesome. And he's been amazing these last few weeks. Between the house and the wedding and Christmas, he's been pretty understanding that I've been a complete stressball. I love you babe!

No comments: