Monday, November 12, 2012

RUN, RUN, RUN...

Thank goodness for long weekends; without Monday off nothing would have gotten done this past weekend.

Saturday Jeremy and I, along with our friends John, Kelly, and Brandon, ran the Warrior Dash in Bastrop, TX. 3 of us had done it before, and while it's no Tough Mudder, its still fun, especially with a great group of friends. We all ran together and Jeremy wore the GoPro Hero2 on his head throughout the run.

(As a complete sidenote, this race may have justified my purchasing of a new macbook pro. Now that I have a GoPro and I'm doing so much more photo editing, my old macbook is just not capable of handling any of it very well at all, guess those iphone 5's will just have to wait a few more months)

Anyway, here's an after picture of us all muddied up.


And here's the video:

Warrior Dash 2012 from Shelley Rea on Vimeo.


Sunday Jeremy and I ran the Color Run in Houston, as if one crazy weekend activity wasn't enough. First off, I have to say, cleaning up after the Warrior Dash is WAY easier than cleaning up after the Color Run. That colored "flour" or whatever it is, just doesn't come off. But, we had a blast and I'm glad I finally got to run this event. In Houston the 5k run was what they call the Bridge Run downtown, apparently one of the most popular 5k courses in Houston. Every 1k there was a color zone where you got hit with a different color. Blue, Orange, Pink then Yellow. At the end there was a stage with a band and every 15 minutes or so they would do a huge color throw. During this color bomb, as I call it, everyone would take a few packets of color, rip them open, then all at once throw them into the air. At this moment, if you're in the middle of it, everything goes completely dark and for those brief moments you can barely breathe. But you emerge, covered in more color than you can imagine. I have to admit, it's pretty fun. For the rest of the morning as we walked around downtown for lunch and some shopping, we kept seeing everyone all decked out in color. There were about 10,000 people at the race, crazy! Here are some pictures.








I wanted to bring some color home and share the experience with some friends, but Jeremy was absolutely 100% against it. I guess I can understand why. We have also decided that we will NOT be having one of these parties at our house anytime soon, sorry friends, you'll just have to run it yourselves next time!

No comments: