Friday, September 12, 2014

Week 4 - Simplicity.

The theme for this week is simplicity.  So simple in fact, that I'm writing this blog on a Friday morning and I've already planned out the meals for the week.

These are tried and true, oldies but goodies.

They may be boring, but they are easy, quick, and easy.  (did I mention, easy?)

Sunday: Tacos

Same as every Sunday but last week I stepped it up a notch with some Creamy Yogurt Avocado dip.  It was delicious and I think I'll bring it back this week.  For me I'd like to see a little more flavor, so I'll probably cut back on the yogurt, add an avocado, and 1/2 tbsp more seeded jalapeños.

Monday: Pan Fried Cod with Pasta

A few weeks back I bought some frozen cod from Costco, so it's time to test it out.

I'll be pan frying the cod in a skillet with some butter and salt and pepper.

I'll present the cod on a plate of angel hair spaghetti tossed with olive oil, fresh basil, and cherry tomatoes.

Tuesday:  Pork Tacos with Peperoncini Peppers

A big thank you to my friend Christy for this one.

1 pork butt + 1 jar peperoncini peppers + crockpot on low for 6-8 hours = Ta Da!

I'll probably spice up the pork butt with some Joe's Stuff before cooking, just to take it up a notch.

Use corn tortillas and top with a light white Mexican cheese (cotija), cilantro, red onions, avocado, and some lime.

Wednesday:  Spaghetti

You can never go wrong with spaghetti.

I use ground mild italian sausage, Classico roasted garlic tomato sauce, and vegetable based rotini.

Jeremy likes to take the sauce and put it over some sautéed spinach instead of pasta, cause he's weird like that.

We also toss in some chopped and sautéed zucchini and asparagus too.

Thursday: Trader Joe's Meat & Veggies

Remember, simplicity is the theme this week.  You can't get any simpler than walking into Trader Joe's, looking around for whatever pre-marinated meat tickles your fancy, then throwing it on the grill or skillet to cook.

Make a side of sautéed spinach seasoned with Anna's Herbs (Whole Foods), and ta da, you're done.

Simple. Simple. Simple.

Lunch:  Oven Roasted Turkey Sandwiches

Oven Roasted Turkey, Light Rye, Avocado, Pepper Jack Cheese, Mayo, Tomato, Lettuce.

Side: Small bag of chips or some fruit.


Bon Appetit!

No comments: