Sunday, September 24, 2017

Surgery T-2 Days

What a roller coaster.  We are two days out from surgery with Dr. Granet and I can't believe it's actually happening.  I'm excited.. I'm nervous.. I'm scared.. I'm ready.

You see, Jesse was supposed to have surgery with Dr. Granet back in June.  However, a major family emergency took him away from his practice for nearly 3 months!  Unfortunate for us and all his patients, but mostly for him and his family.   Yes, our surgery got cancelled, but at 2 years old, Jesse didn't know any different.  Mom, on the other hand, was pretty disappointed.

Now, however, we are two days out.

Two days from major eye surgery.  Two days from putting our little boy under anesthesia.  Two days from a life changing procedure that could mean that he won't have to use a null point to see the TV or read a book.

NERVES!

But we are excited.  I've talked to Max about how Jesse won't be able to play for a few days, or weeks.  I've talked to Jesse about being in a hospital and having surgery.  He points to his eyes and says "surgery on eyes?"  "Yes" I say back to him, "But it will be okay.  It will help you see better"

Stay tuned...



Jesse - August 21, 2017
1st day of pre-school (age 2)


To jump to the next post, click HERE.

To check out the previous post, click HERE.

To follow our story from the beginning, click HERE.



No comments: