Monday, December 15, 2008

Whew... it's the holidays.


Well. The holidays are in full swing, and I'm exhausted already! The good news is that I got most of my Christmas shopping done this past weekend. Now I just have to figure out how to get it all home. These new fees for checked bags are really becoming a pain in my ass. Someone please explain that to me. Gas prices are the lowest they've been since like 1990 and yet the airlines are still charging for extra bags. At first they tried to claim that increased gas prices were responsible for the baggage surcharge, but now that prices have dropped, don't you agree that the surcharge should go away also? Anyway, enough of that rant.

Lots of other fun things happened this weekend too. First, I got my new wine rack in the mail. It took about an hour to assemble, but it is awesome. I really like how there is a drawer, wine glass storage, and 20 wine bottle storage spots. Plus, it looks great in my living room.

I also was able to get in a 35-40 mile bike ride Sunday morning with the guys from AustinBikes. I rode about 50 minutes with them until I got dropped about 15 miles into the ride. The head wind was about 25mph from the south, so as soon as I dropped off the back, there was no way that I was catching up. Though it felt good to stick with them for a while, and I think next time I'll do even better. What was nice, was the 25mph tail wind on the way back into Austin. It made for an enjoyable ride back, even though my legs were burnt up.

Well that's about it. I've got work to do and then a bit more Christmas shopping before the holidays are over. I hope everyone has a Magical Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

No comments: