Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A quick note


Thanksgiving has come and gone, and we are officially wrapped into the holiday season. I'm happy to say that after Thanksgiving dinner, the weekend was as calm as can be. There were no plans made, and no places to rush off to. It was a nice relaxing weekend. Of course the day before... well that was a different story. The night before Thanksgiving, I stayed up until 3am making tiny little chocolate cakes and tiny cheesecakes. Okay, I definitely went overboard, but it was super fun! Check out my facebook page if you haven't seen the pictures yet. I always forget how much work it is to make a cake until I get back into it. Just the prep work alone, takes hours. I probably spent most of the 6 hours prepping the piping bags and getting the icing colored just the way I wanted it, then of course, cleaning up. But in the end, it was all worth it. The cakes tasted so yummy, and they were really cool. Though I think i've learned that it's best just to choose one dessert to focus on, instead of trying to make lots of them. Hopefully I'll remember that next time I have to bake.

Now, it's off to Florida to watch my friend, Rachael, get married. Yes, she's having a Disney wedding, and it's going to be awesome! I'm super excited for her, of course, and I'm also excited becuase I get to go to Disney! My parents are also flying down for the wedding, so It'll be good to spend a few days with them. We'll be hitting all the theme parks and universal studios. The nice part about this trip, is that I won't feel rushed. I've been to Disney so many times, that if I don't make it on ALL the rides, it will be okay. We'll probably just make sure we hit the good ones like splash down mountain, the runaway train, and space mountain.

Well, that's all the time I have. Now it's back to packing and getting ready to leave.

No comments: