Monday, February 18, 2013

How the hell do you make an ice cube?

If you think that is a sarcastic or rhetorical question, then you would be wrong.  You see, not all of us are well versed in the field of ice cube making.  Some of us have been raised on automatic ice machines and fell asleep during those oh so important days in chemistry class.  Fortunately Food.com has helped us out with this problem by FINALLY posting a recipe!  Woo Hoo!

For those too lazy to make the jump, I have reposted this most awesome recipe here... just for you.

Total Time: 2 hrs 2 mins
Prep Time: 2 mins
Cook Time: 2 hrs

Directions:
1. Empty the ice cubes that are left in the trays (if there are any left) into the bin.
2. Take the trays over to the sink and fill them with cold water.
3. Place the water filled ice trays back in the freezer.
4. Replace the ice bin if you had to remove it.
5. Shut the door to the freezer.

The best part is that over 600 people have actually reviewed this!  Some of my favorites:

"This recipe is horrible! Maybe I should have left them in longer than two minutes (the recipe doesn't say how long to leave them in the freezer so I just kind of guessed) but mine came out all watery. I won't be making these again."

"I was wondering if you had a crock-pot version for this recipe. I work long hours and I just don't have the time to invest in this kind of hands-on cooking, but they really look yummy."

"Oh man, so happy to have this recipe! My grandma died and took the recipe with her. You are a life saver!!"

Ah, internet.  You never seem to run out of clever things to make me laugh.

No comments: