Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Some yard work...


A lot has happened in the last few days. Last Saturday night I found out that there was a leak in my main water pipe under the house. No good. So over the next three days a trench was dug in the front yard so the plumber could come replace the pipe. Also during this time, there was no water going into the house. Basically it was like camping but without the stars or campfire. I choose to take showers at work for those few days. But now the new pipe is in, and there is much more water pressure in the house than before... and no leaks under the house. While the plumber was here he showed me the inside of the old pipe. It was all clogged up and nasty, and you couldn't even see through it. It's amazing I even had any water pressure to begin with.

Also, the city decided that today would be a great day for them to dig up the gas line on the street and replace it. The nice thing about this, is that the city is going to replace the main gas line to my house too... for free! One less thing to worry about in the future.

Finally, this weekend is my friends baby shower. Stay tuned for cake pictures and stories!

No comments: